Lindt & Sprüngli
With six production sites in Europe, two in the USA and distribution and sales companies on five continents, Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG is recognized as a leader in the market for premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in 120 countries around the world. During the over 165 years of Lindt & Sprüngli's existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate. The beginnings of Lindt & Sprüngli are in 1845, when father and son for the first time manufactured solid chocolate in their small confectionery Sprüngli & Son, at that time yet a partnership. Quickly growing, it was transformed into a joint stock company in 1898 and one year later, the company acquired the Bern production facilities of Rodolphe Lindt with all the manufacturing secrets and trademark rights to the then already famous brand. At the same time the company's name was changed to Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG, which in 1994 has become the parent company's name. Since then, the enterprise has grown steadily, transforming itself into a multinational group through progressive integration of licensees and strategic acquisitions. The shares of Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG are listed on the Swiss stock exchange (SIX) since 1986.